Nu Construction was awarded the contract to refurbish Cliffe House, a detached Grade 2 listed mansion property in its own grounds.
Cliffe House provides bespoke learning and events for schools, groups, colleges, businesses, individuals and the community. Featuring fully accessible facilities for overnight stays.
The scope is to undertake condition improvements work to the main building, including:-
• Rewiring of existing electrical installations
• Installation of a new heating distribution systems
• Installation of a domestic distribution systems
• Installation of a new sprinkler system
• Upgrading of existing fire prevention systems
• Improvements to fire egress arrangements
• Internal and external decorations
• Repairs prior to painting
• Minor drainage amendments
• Replacement floor coverings
• Upgrading of sanitary and welfare provision
Working on heritage assets requires specialised knowledge and experience as part of the development process, such as understanding conservation and ecology. NU hold a long-standing comprehensive supply chain list of restoration craftsmen enabling careful consideration in selecting the best placed accredited heritage trades people for specified specialised works.
Working with NU Construction has been seamless. From the inception through to completion the team has been proactive, agile and understanding of our needs as a client. NU Construction continuously worked with us in a collaborative manner and we are thrilled with the quality of workmanship provided. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend NU Construction to any clients.